Last Revised 5.25.2018
Protecting customer data is a top priority for Ergos Institute, Inc.
The website is an e-commerce and information site that provides tickets to educational programs and access to instructional video content. By using this website, you consent to the data practices described in this Statement of Privacy.
Collection of your Personal Information
Information you give us
When you sign up for our online mailing list, you are asked to provide your name and email address. Disclosure of this information is purely voluntary. You may opt out at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and/or by following the opt-out links provided with every electronic email that we send you.
When registering for training events (whether in-person or online) we collect contact information, such as your name, email address, telephone number and mailing address, which includes city, state, and country/province. We collect this information solely to verify you as an attendee, and to give you access to products and services.
Credit Card Information:
The website does not store any credit card information. It uses a third party service to collect, process, and store credit card transactions and data. Ergos is committed to the protection, confidentiality and security of this data by using secure socket layer (SSL) encryption to ensure that all transaction data between the website and our credit service is made safely and privately. Please see “Third Parties With Whom We May Share Your Personal Information” for more information on our third party credit card service.
How we use your Personal Information
Reason for Data Collection
All data and personal information collected through the website is done in order to provide, improve, and protect our services. As such, any information collected through the website may be used for the following purposes:
- To process payment transactions (for business purposes only, which includes the payment of fees) and provide users with information, products, and services they request on our website;
- For communication purposes, such as periodic emails and emails pertaining to online orders;
- To allow users to participate in online content, access and/or download materials, and use any of the interactive features on the website;
- To provide a convenience feature to save you time (in the case of cookies); and
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it or with your consent.
Third Parties with Whom We May Share Your Personal Information:
Ergos does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to any third parties. However, these are the service providers that Ergos has employed to allow for the smooth operation of its business:
- Constant Contact – A mailing list and event registration service.
- Square – An online and point-of-sale credit card subscription service.
- JWPlatform – An online video streaming service.
- iFlyChat – A text chat service.
- The Foundation for Human Enrichment (FHE) d.b.a. The Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute – This organization provides the Somatic Experiencing Professional training that Dr. Levine developed. Information is shared with FHE for proof of attendance to attendees of our online events, so that they may receive documentation that is required by our attendees to receive certification in the Somatic Experiencing training program. FHE also provides Ergos with attendee information (to provide them access to our online streaming services) as well as information about individuals who have submitted to be chosen as demonstration clients for Dr. Levine’s Master Classes. No other information is shared.
- Domestic training coordinators and international training organizers who work as employees or contractors.
Ergos encourages you to review the Statements of Privacy of websites that it uses so you can understand how those websites collect, use, and share your information. Ergos is not responsible for the Statements of Privacy or other content on websites outside of the Ergos website or applications.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you register with the website or services, or add an item to your store cart, a cookie helps Ergos to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily return to your previous activity.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
Security of your Personal Information
Ergos secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Ergos takes commercially reasonable efforts, precautions and proactive measures to protect your data against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, Ergos cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information on or transmitted via the Internet, since no internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free.
SE Learning Center Library: Augmenting your information
If you are a registered user of our SE Learning Center Library, Ergos will store your username. You can update your billing and personal information and change your password by logging into your account. If you would like to delete your username and account, please email email@example.com.
Legally Required Disclosures
Please be aware that Ergos may be required to disclose Personal Information pursuant to lawful requests (including subpoenas, warrants, and court or government agency orders) made by public authorities or as otherwise required by law.
Ergos welcomes questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you have any questions regarding this Statement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the following address:
438 3rd St.
Encinitas, CA 92024
This policy was last modified on May 25th, 2018.